Waxing is a form of semi-permanent hair removal which removes the hair from the root. New hair will not grow back in the previously waxed area for four to six weeks, although some people will start to see regrowth in only a week due to some of their hair being on a different human hair growth cycle. Almost any area of the body can be waxed, including eyebrows, face, pubic area (called brazilian/manzillian waxing), legs, arms, back , abdomen, knuckles and feet.
Our wax treatment technicians take the utmost care to protect the health and elasticity of the skin. The wax is applied warm, then removed gently, leaving skin absolutely smooth. This refined waxing and technique is comfortable and result-oriented.
Prepare To Be Smooth!
- A good rule of thumb is to plan your wax every 4-5 weeks. We advise you don't shave between waxes however, if you Do be sure to wait 2-3 weeks. Hair should be about the length of a grain of rice to be removed with wax.
- Stay away from Alcohol and the sun for 24 hours prior to a wax. This will ensure you skin and body are both prepared for a great waxing service. Booze will make you sensitive and a recent sun session can cause skin lifting.
- While we try to keep ouch to a minimum taking an Advil, Ibuprofen or a Motrin 20 minutes before waxing helps!
- Having a warm shower before your treatment will help open pores for a smoother session.
- Do not apply any body lotions or oils the day of your treatment.
- Rest up! You would be surprised how much a good night's sleep can do for you.
- Hydrate! Drinking water, juices and caffeine free tea before your appointment makes a difference.
Post Wax Tips
Keep Yourself Smooth
- Stay cool. Avoid to prolonged exposure to heat for 24 hours after your treatment. This includes swimming pools, hot tubs, exercising and getting a tan. If you must exercise, wash right after and dress in clean dry clothing.
- Moisturization is crucial for proper regrowth! Leave your skin dry for the first 24 hours.
- Take care! Exfoliating every other day will keep your skin smooth, itch free and avoid nasty ingrown. We carry amazing dry brushes as well as PFB hair serum to help get those pesky ingrown out.
Men’s Waxing Q & A
We do many Manzillian waxes here and we have so many “first time” male clients so we have compiled this FAQ to answer our most encountered queries.
If you have a question that is not answered below, please feel free to email or call and speak personally to a waxpert!!
Men’s Waxing (Manzillian) FAQ
Q: How long does my hair need to be?
A: The Ideal length for waxing is ¼ to ½ an inch. If your hair is longer than an inch we would recommend doing a little trimming to ensure your waxing is more comfortable.
Q: Is there anything I need to do to prepare before my appointment?
A: A bit of a gentle exfoliation in the shower before your appointment is a good idea. Feel free to take an over the counter pain killer of your choice about an hour before your appointment.
Q: What will happen when I get there?
A: If it is your first visit at our location, you will be asked to fill out a client information card. Your waxpert will then take you to the treatment room and give you some brief instructions and then leave the room while you undress and get on the table.
Q: What do I wear during the appointment?
A: Clients are asked to remove pants and underwear. You will be provided with a small towel to drape yourself.
Q: How long will it take?
A: Each client is different, but we aim to have you in and out the door in less than an hour. (Quick and painless is our goal!)
Q: What if I get an erection during my Manzillian?
A: It isn’t uncommon for this to happen now and again due to the warmth of the wax- it is nothing to be concerned or embarrassed about. We find that it usually subsides when the wax starts coming off.
Q: What can I expect after my appointment?
A: Your skin may feel tender for 24 hours after waxing, especially if you have course or curly hair. (Taking an over the counter anti-inflammatory pain killer will help with this.) As such, you will be asked to avoid hot water, and sweaty activities (these may be uncomfortable and could lead to break outs in the open hair follicles.)